Our lives were forever changed the day we lost Corey. He was an amazing man who loved the Lord and his family with all that he was. The pain of losing him is like no other. Our only comfort comes from knowing we will see him again someday.

I have moved the slideshow played at Corey's service to it's own post page above, titled "Corey's Memorial Service - August 10, 2010"

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Where to lay my Love

Well, I've already told you in a previous post how I decided on Corey's resting place.  I thought I would show you some pictures, particularly for those who live out of state. The monument company has yet to place his stone, but at my request they are planning on having it done before snowfall. Looking at the picture above, if there were a clock in the center of the picture...Corey's spot is roughly between the 4 and 6 o'clock positions - basically where that yellow dying mum is placed...don't worry, I've since removed it ;)  His stone will go about where the yellow mum is. There are 3 small evergreen trees in the distance behind the mum.  Beyond those is where the ball field once was.                                
                                                                                    
In the pictures above and below, you can see what remains of the ball field...basically, some posts from what used to be the backstop and a wooden bench off to the left and right of that.  

Below is another view of the grave site looking toward the main road.  
The older and more populated part of the cemetery is across the street.
  
The cemetery is not plowed in the winter time.  However, I was pleased to find out at the meeting I had with the board members of the cemetery that the gravel road leading to Corey's grave will be plowed, as the town of Milton uses the field behind for piling excess snow from winter snow removal.  

I plan to post some pictures of Corey's stone once it has been placed.  


No comments:

Post a Comment