Our lives were forever changed the day we lost Corey. He was an amazing man who loved the Lord and his family with all that he was. The pain of losing him is like no other. Our only comfort comes from knowing we will see him again someday.

I have moved the slideshow played at Corey's service to it's own post page above, titled "Corey's Memorial Service - August 10, 2010"

Sunday, January 9, 2011

A special thank you to ???

     Some very nice person or people (who wished to remain anonymous) gave me the gift of 10 "spa-inspired" gourmet meals through a home delivery service.  They were shipped fresh overnight delivery from Florida and made to order according to my preferences! Boy, do I feel spoiled! I just wanted to say thanks!! You now have a new best friend even if I don't know who you are ;)  Those of you who know me well know that I do not like to cook. I've been in a real dinner rut lately, just not knowing what to cook.  And it seems that every time I attempt to make anything I end up doing something wrong. Sometimes I lose track of how many cups of flour I've added or I mix all the ingredients instead of putting some aside, as instructed, for the 'sauce'...and then other times I get the recipe half put together only to realize I don't have all the ingredients in the house...you get the idea...
     The last Sunday Corey and I went to church together, at the beginning of the sermon the question was asked, "If you won the lottery, what would you do with the money?" I leaned over to Corey and whispered that I would hire a personal chef and a maid, in that order. I would love to have someone cook all my meals for me.  So, thank you for the gift of my own personal chef, even if only for 10 meals.  They are being very much enjoyed!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that's awesome! And I love the story about you & Corey sitting in church; what a great picture in my mind...someday Jill, you'll be next to him again. I know it will not be soon enough. I wonder if there is food delivery in heaven? Must be, I mean, after the banquet that is... love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jill, Thankyou for sharing these priceless memories of you and Corey's life. You are precious and beloved of the Lord.Corey's stone is beautiful.
    We love you, Brenda and Ed

    ReplyDelete