Our lives were forever changed the day we lost Corey. He was an amazing man who loved the Lord and his family with all that he was. The pain of losing him is like no other. Our only comfort comes from knowing we will see him again someday.

I have moved the slideshow played at Corey's service to it's own post page above, titled "Corey's Memorial Service - August 10, 2010"

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Set in stone- It is finished!

I was thrilled to get an email first thing this morning telling me Corey's headstone had been placed at the cemetery. I've been eagerly waiting to see it finished. I've included some pics. I think I talked a little about the stone in a prior post.  Basically, I decided to go with a more natural looking stone since I thought that was more reflective of Corey's style...he sure did love working with stone, having built several stone walls in our yard. He also really enjoyed moving rocks around the yard with his tractor ;) The stone has a water basin carved into the top of it. Some people have referred to this as a bird bath; however, I like to think of it as a reflecting pool...it sounds much nicer ;) and I think it will add a peaceful touch to his resting place. Yes, I might have to bring a toothbrush to clean off bird poop when I visit, but I'm okay with that ;)  I am going to try to get some type of water plant perhaps to place in it when the weather is warmer.  The top of the stone drops off and forms what I think makes a nice place to sit. I'm pleased with how the engraving turned out. I want to express a special thanks to Lisa, Karen, and Heidi from Seacoast Memorials who helped me through this process with much time and care. Lisa did a fabulous job on the engraving especially considering the rough and uneven surface she had to work with. They all worked hard to honor my request to have the stone placed before snowfall. Having it finished helps give me some closure and it makes me feel good to know Corey's grave will be marked in time for the winter's snow covering.


1 comment:

  1. Jill, I love the natural style of the stone. You're absolutely right...it really does fit Corey. And the reflecting pool will be great! I hope you're well and I hope the girls are doing great in school. We'll talk to you soon.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete